Saturday, August 3, 2013

Parenting.

In wanting my children to be creative I must give them the time and freedom to create.

In wanting my children to love to read I must first read to them and then fill their home with books.

In wanting my children to be comfortable with themselves I must come to know them individually.

In wanting my children to be passionate I must be willing to go out of my way to encourage their interests.

In wanting my children to be responsible I must give them responsibilities.

In wanting my children to be kind I must first treat them with kindness and then constantly direct their perspective towards how others feel.

In wanting my children to good communicators I must communicate with them and then be willing to listen.

In wanting my children to be problem-solvers I must resist the urge to solve all their problems for them.

In wanting my children to be capable I must choose to put a tool in their hand.

In wanting my children to value honesty I must first never lie to them.

In wanting my children to desire to help others I must treasure the ways in which they imperfectly help me.

In wanting my children to explore the world around them I must first let them step away from me.



What would you add to this list?

No comments: